Out With The Old…
Demo is officially underway at 335 Front Street. Although demo is technically destruction, it feels good to see the old materials removed in preparation for the brand new. Now that the slate is coming clean, it becomes easier to envision how great this house is going to look once the improvements are started. Below is a list of the high level demo activities captured in the photos:
- Removal of siding. Replacement of the siding on the house is long over due and beyond salvaging. At some point, someone began painting the house and then stopped halfway through leaving the house 3 different colors.
- Kitchen demo. The team removed the stove, sink, 8 feet of cabinets (upper and lower), and a drop ceiling. Yes, there was a drop ceiling in the kitchen. This is going to be a great improvement drywalling the ceiling and cleaning up the electrical mess that was left behind. The new kitchen will include a dishwasher and some additional counter space. The plan is to close up the window to the far right to make more room for cabinets and countertop space. We had discussed adding an island for additional storage, but due to the placement of the doors, it would impede the flow of the room.
- New half bath and laundry room. The photo below is a room on the opposite side of the kitchen that will be converted into a half bath and laundry room. Previously the laundry was located on the second floor within a half bath. That space on the second floor will be converted into a full bath giving the house an additional full bath.
- There are two additional rooms on the first floor that needed some minor demo. The hardwood floors are going to be refinished where possible. Upon demo, it was discovered that laminate flooring was glued to the hardwood in one of the rooms. Depending on how removal goes, this room may end up having to be carpeted. Fortunately, the room with the bump out on the first floor has wood flooring that is in pretty good shape and they will refinish nicely. This room would make a perfect office! The radiators, that were previously in each room throughout the house, have all been removed.
- There hasn’t been any demo to the staircase. I just wanted to show a photo of how beautiful this staircase is. It is going to look absolutely amazing once it is refinished.
- There are three large bedrooms on the 2nd floor of the house. The carpet is being removed and the walls and floors will be refinished.
- The master bedroom. This large bedroom has the window bump out like the front room on the first floor. The demo for the master is not yet complete in these photos. The closet is being enlarged to be a walk-in and a door to the bathroom is being added to create an ensuite.
- The 3rd floor bonus. There is an awesome and very spacious 3rd floor. We do not have plans to finish this area since the home will already have 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths, but this could be a great opportunity for the new homeowner if there is a desire to finish the area or simply used for storage. Access to the 3rd floor is a walk up staircase for easy accessibility.
Demo is well underway! The new siding will start going up within the next week or so which will be a major transformation for the exterior. There is still demo, electrical, and HVAC work to be completed on the inside before building out, but things will quickly progress. Keep checking back to see the rehab progress at 335 Front Street. Ready to buy or sell a home? Great! Contact us at info@iHeartRehabbing.com